What is Kleinhans Fellowship for Community Forestry Research 2021?
The Rainforest Alliance is inviting applications from students holding Master’s degree or higher-level degree in forestry, ecology, botany, environmental science or related field for Kleinhans Fellowship for Community Forestry Research 2021. The selected fellow will get an annual stipend of USD 20,000 per annum for two years.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
The Rainforest Alliance, an international non-profit organization is offering this fellowship.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Having a master’s or higher-level degree in forestry, ecology, botany, environmental science or related field.
Note: Researchers of any nationality or residence are eligible for the Kleinhans Fellowship.
What are the benefits ?
The selected fellow will get an annual stipend of USD 20,000 for two years.
How can you apply ?
Follow the steps given below to apply:
Step 1: Compile all required documents
Step 2: Send the completed application (comprising all documents) via email to Deanna Newsom at firstname.lastname@example.org
Send it by regular mail to:
125 Broad St.
New York, NY 10004
What are the documents required for the Kleinhans Fellowship for Community Forestry Research 2021?
Following documents are required to be submitted:
- A proposal including an abstract, a review of the relevant literature, detailed methodology and a discussion of the project’s practical applications (Max length: 7 pages)
- A budget
- A copy of the candidate’s curriculum vitae or resume
- Two letters of recommendation
- A list of past, current and potential funding sources for both the applicant and the project
What are the important dates ?
Application closing date: February 28, 2021
Terms and Conditions
- The Kleinhans Fellowship provides a stipend to support research that addresses one of the following topics:
- Markets for lesser-known species and non-timber forest products (NTFPs)
- Biodiversity management practices
- Social organization and governance
- Multi-community enterprises
- Researchers of any nationality or residence are eligible for the Kleinhans Fellowship, however, the research itself must be conducted in Latin America
- Fellowship will not subsidize academic tuition or fees, nor will it cover the cost of purchasing transport vehicles or equipment that is unnecessary or unreasonable
- Kleinhans Fellow will participate in a workshop with community members and regional Rainforest Alliance staff at the end of the fellowship period to share results and explore the implications of the findings on our work with specific communities
- The fellow will also be expected to submit a final report that summarizes results and lessons for a general audience and publish his/her findings in a peer-reviewed journal.
- Doctoral candidates or post-doctoral researchers are preferred, although applicants may substitute relevant experience for higher-level degrees.
125 Broad St.
New York, NY 10004
United StatesEmail – email@example.com
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, AIYSEE does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website.