What is INSPIRE Fellowship 2019?
Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE), an innovative program sponsored and managed by the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India invites applications for INSPIRE Fellowship 2019 from graduates and masters students who are admitted in a PhD programe in Science and Technology. The fellowship focuses on attracting students to pursue a doctoral degree in basic and applied sciences including engineering, agriculture, pharmacy, medicine, veterinary, etc. 1,000 fellowships would be awarded under this programe for up to 5 years.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India is offering this fellowship.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
To be eligible, an applicant must –
- Be an INSPIRE Scholar having secured minimum 70% marks (or CGPA equivalent) in aggregate at M.Sc. or Integrated M.S./M.Sc., OR
- Be a 1st Rank Holder at University level in Postgraduate (PG) level examinations in Basic/Applied Sciences including Engineering, Medical, Pharmaceutical, Agricultural and Veterinary Sciences from any recognized University and academic institution in India, OR
- Be a 1st Rank Holder at the Graduate/Postgraduate Level Examination in Medicine only, conducted by a University/Institution in India
What are the benefits ?
A total of 1,000 fellows will be selected under this scheme who will receive fellowship and research grant as per the norms set by the Government of India (GoI) for up to 5 years or completion of PhD degree, whichever is earlier.
How can you apply ?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Visit the online application portal.
Step 2: Register as a new user or log in using existing credentials.
Step 3: Provide the required details
Step 4: Upload the necessary documents
Step 5: Submit the application form
What are the documents required for the INSPIRE Fellowship 2019?
- Passport size photograph
- Age certificate
- Mark sheets of educational qualifications
- First rank certificate (in applicable cases)
- Appointment letter (if employed)
- For students enrolled in PhD: admission letter, fee receipt, CV of PhD supervisor, endorsement letter, write up of the research proposal
- For students not enrolled in PhD: three choices of university/institute, a brief tentative write up of research to be done
What are the selection criteria ?
Final selections will be done by the panel of experts on the basis of the following factors –
- Academic merit
- Host institution including Research Supervisor
- Detailed research proposal
What are the important dates ?
Application start date: 7th October 2019
Application deadline: 6th November 2019
Terms and Conditions
- The candidates who have acquired their eligibility for the fellowship during last year (2018) or current year (2019) can apply.
- The candidates who are already enjoying Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) or higher position in any project or otherwise are not eligible.
- The candidates are not required to send any hard copy of the application form to DST.
Department of Science and Technology,
Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road,
New Delhi – 110 016
Phone: +91-9643339670, +91-7290045884
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, AIYSEE does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website.